Thank you for your interest in Johnson County Library's Exhibitions program. We have ten library branches with dedicated art gallery spaces of various sizes. We seek a diverse selection of artwork that inspires, educates and promotes community connection, created by artists in the Kansas City metro area. Selected artists receive an honorarium and the opportunity to exhibit artwork at one of our branch galleries for approximately 14 weeks. Artwork is selected by a team of Johnson County Library staff members. Submissions are reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the year.
- live in Kansas City metro area;
- have never exhibited before at Johnson County Library;
- be at least 18 years old.
If accepted, artwork must:
- be appropriate for all ages. Art is displayed in highly visible areas of our libraries, viewable by people of all ages. Any submissions containing sexually, verbally, or violently explicit content will be declined. Work that attacks a person or group on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or gender will also be declined;
- be affixed with wire and ready to hang at the time of installation;
- have accompanying title cards. Johnson County Library does not intervene in any potential sales. Anything sold must remain in the exhibition until the designated deinstallation date.
Required for application:
- Name, address and email address;
- Artist bio
- Artist statement
- At least five images of your artwork. If selected, the actual displayed artwork should match these images thematically and stylistically.
Ready to submit? We look forward to seeing your art.